Building lifelong relationships between retired racers and loving, nurturing families.
Our Mission Statement:
Greyhound Connection is an all-volunteer, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization, formed and operating in San Diego County, California to promote and facilitate the adoption of retired racing greyhounds into caring and responsible forever homes. We strive to accomplish this mission in accordance with the following guiding principles:
- Fostering in a home environment to acclimate the greyhound to life off the track and ensure a smooth transition into a permanent home.
- Careful screening of adoption applicants and their home environment to assure a safe and comfortable setting for adopted greyhounds.
- Responsible adoption practices, including spay or neuter, vaccinations, health assessment and dental care prior to adoption.
- Follow-up support, as needed, to ensure the long-term needs of the greyhound and their adoptive family are met.
- Educate the public on the gentle and loving nature of the greyhound breed through our website, meet and greets and fundraising events.
Most importantly, we strive to act in the best interests of, and to make a difference for, one greyhound at a time.